Hello and welcome to my blog! Please make sure to bookmark and follow!

Sunday, January 10

ON SET WITH JOE MCNALLY





Just went to shoot with the famous Joe McNally. And no it wasn't a class. It all happened over breakfast with my friends sister (who was in town for the week from New Mexico). Were all having a good time around the table when all of a sudden she mentions Joe McNally! The table gets quiet as everyone notices my jaw dropped, bug-eyed face. It's true, I'm in shock and stunned but nontheless… HAPPY! She's been hired to model for the famous Joe McNally. Everyone is still wondering why I'm so stunned. I reply with an encyclopedia of reasons, like a book worm that only reads about Joe McNally (which I kind of do). "You're talking about Joe McNally right? Only the internationally acclaimed photographer, longtime photojournalist of LIFE magazine and publisher of an umpteen' number of books!? " I had said enough. My friends sister had Joe on speed dial (which gives me the shivers just thinking of having his name in my phone book) and was calling him to see if I could join. Next I know I'm driving down to New Mexico to shoot at an abandoned power plant with the famous Joe McNally! To shorten this incredible story…I got to set up with his crew adjusting strobes, gels, tripods and ladders, and do video for his online webinar classes. I learned so much in those hot (no air conditioning in a powerplant) sweaty 7 hours of a shoot than in the past 2 years! I am now invited to accompany Joe every time he shoots in New Mexico…It was the best 7 hours of my life.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Kyle Murphy!!! I had no idea you did photography. You're pictures are GORGEOUS! I love them.
I got your card from your Mother & father whom I saw this past weekend, they came to celebrate my dad's birthday. I hope all is well, & I wish you didn't live so far away So i could see you once & awhile. It has been way too long my friend:-)
You should get at me sometime.
(248)-240-7025
*Allison*
p.s- I Miss you. I haven't seen you or Erin in ages it feels like.